If you are not able to pull up your Ring Cam to stream Live View on your Echo Show, Fire TV, Fire Tablet, or Echo Spot, please try the steps below to get things running smoothly again. Note: If the Ring device you are trying to stream from is battery operated, it will not activate the Live View if the battery is at 25% or less.
Step 1: Open the Ring app on your phone or tablet and confirm you are able to stream Live View. If you are not, then please refer to this Ring Community article to get things running smoothly. Once you are able to successfully pull up Live View from your Ring app, you should be able to view it on your Alexa device. If not, please go to Step 2 below.
Step 2: Once you confirm there is a strong enough wifi signal and speed (2mb Download and Upload from the network the device is connected to), open the Amazon Alexa app and confirm the following items below and follow necessary steps as needed:
- Your Doorbell or Camera is properly linked to the Alexa account that you are using with your Alexa devices. You will see this under Devices in the bottom right corner. Alexa will need to have discovered your device before it can show the Live View. Please ensure you have the Ring device linked in your Amazon Alexa Skill app to achieve this.
2) The Ring device you are trying to stream from has the same name listed in the Ring App as it does in the Devices list in the Amazon Alexa app. If it shows a number for a name or an old name, then proceed with the below steps. Option one works with all Alexa Show and Fire devices, and option two is for neighbors with an Alexa Show.
Option One - Steps for all Alexa device owners using the Alexa Skill app.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app
- Tap on Devices in the bottom right corner
- Select the Doorbell or Camera you are having trouble streaming from.
- Tap the Trash Can Icon in the top right corner and select Delete, then stay in the Devices section
- Tap the + in the top right corner of the All Devices section to add your Ring device to your Alexa account.
Note: You can also say “Alexa, discover my devices.” and your Alexa devices will discover any Ring devices in your Ring account.
Option Two - Steps for Echo Show device owners.
- Swipe from right to left on the Echo Show screen to pull up smart home devices.
- Tap on the Video Doorbell or Security Cam to start Live View.
If your device is still not streaming the Live View after trying all options above, consider restarting your Echo Show device and wifi router. If there is continued concern it would be best to connect with the Amazon support team. You can find out how to get in contact with Amazon Alexa Support in their forum here.Preformatted text