Have to keep bluetooth off on phone to make ring doorbell work

Hi I have now found out I have to keep my Bluetooth off to make the doorbell work correctly on my phone Samsung S20+, is there a way round this as need Bluetooth to connect my watch. This is strange that Bluetooth needs to be off to allow talk clearer through the ring doorbell.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem and I just got a SamsungS20. What is the fix?

Hi there, neighbors! With Ring Devices, being Wifi enabled devices and the Ring app streaming or “answering an event”, it is possible that there is some interference between your mobile phone’s bluetooth and connecting to video in the Ring app. We recommend disabling bluetooth prior to streaming an event, for the best experience and optimal connection. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I too am having this problem, and apparently a whole lot of people have this problem as well. Turning off my Bluetooth every time I need to communicate with someone at my door is a rediculous solution. “Hold on sir, let me turn off my Bluetooth…” That’s a joke. " Yes, that is correct sir, I spent 200 dollars on this doorbell; hold on again while I turn my Bluetooth off again…" lmfao!!! I use a Samsung note ultra 5g device. Your people told me to buy a chime pro and I did. Guess what? Didn’t help. I have a strong signal to the doorbell so don’t give me the “must be your WiFi still” typical Ring response. There’s got to be a fix, maybe firmware upgrade or something.

Go into your App permissions and remove Rings access to “music and Audio”. This gets rid of the interference and you can leave your Bluetooth on

1 Like