Hardwired Changed to Battery

I noticed in the application that my Ring 3 door cam has changed from hardwired to battery. Nothing has changed. Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you fix ?

Please and Thank you!

1 Like

I have the Ring Doorbell 2 and my device also changed from showing hardwired to battery. This started for me yesterday afternoon, after a few checks the white ring around the push button is still lit up, the battery is still charging (percentage still increasing after a days worth of alerts which drain it down) and the indoor chime works when I push the button. I further tested by turning off the hardwire power, the white ring turns off and an option called “Power Settings” shows up in the app. When I turn the power back on the white ring returns and the “Power Settings” option dissapears.

I suspect there’s been a Firmware Update that has caused it to show battery erroneously.

I did try reseting the device to factory settings and it made no difference and voltage at the terminals of the device is 15.6V AC so it’s all in order, hence my thought it’s a bad firmware update.

1 Like

the same for me, it says battery when it is hardwired. it seems to be charging tho. no charge icon on the app.

Same here. But my solar status is connected and doorbell is charging a bit slower than previous.

Same for me…spent ages trying to diagnose this.
Thought I might have a knackered battery and bought replacement from Amazon, only to notice today that the original battery percentage was still increasing, albeit at a much slower rate.

Yes same here. Showing as battery suddenly either yesterday or day before. Still at 100% charge though so seems to be actually charging

I’m having the same issue as well with my Video Doorbell 2020 release. It seemed like it might’ve started doing this after the last outage, but that could’ve been just a coincidence.

Also having this trouble. Hardwired for nearly a year, charging, but yesterday started showing as battery powered on the app.

I think it’s just a UI bug. It shows battery only but I cant actually see power setting in my doorbell, and it’s still get charged.

If it switched from hardwired to solar connected and charging speed drops a lot, below works for me: remove the battery for a while and reinstall. It will show battery instead and power setting gone. Reset ring doesn’t work for me.

As long as you don’t see power setting in your doorbell, and you sure it’s connected, we should good to go.

My battery is charging, button lit, and doorbell ringing yet the Device Health indicator no longer says Hardwired but instead Battery. Is this a new bug? I looked at my neighbor’s Ring and she has the same issue. Ring Doorbell 3.

I believe I have the same issue with my Video Doorbell 2020. Still charging, but no longer shows Hardwired in the app.

Hi there for last 4 days my ring app showing device as battery powered rather than ‘hardwired’ despite the fact it 100% is getting charge as at 100% and have white light etc plus checked Voltage. Anyone else experiencing this and had response from ring? My guess is it’s a firmware update glitch in the app?

Hi there update from ring. They have confirmed at their end they can see the doorbell is getting charge so 100% an issue with the app. They have suggest closing app and reopening but that does nothing. Key is if anyone else has similar issue - it’s ok and no doubt app will be re-updated at some point

@Spinksy1, I’ve just switched my Ring Doorbell (Gen 1) from battery to hardwired. It is also saying mine is 100% on battery and not saying hardwired like it should & used to…

Hi neighbors! First off, thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. I noticed a few other threads that were all about this same issue, so I did go ahead and merge them together so it’s easier for everyone to stay on the same page. Since this concern is affecting different models of Ring Doorbells, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and let them know that your Ring Doorbell is reporting the incorrect power source in the Ring App. They should then be able to pass this information onto the appropriate team. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Same here and I checked my neighbor’s., hers also says battery instead of hardwired. Can someone let Ring know about this. Such a frigging hassle spending half a day trying to track down a problem that doesn’t exist. I’m so fed up with this thing I’m gonna throw it as far as I can into the gully.

(wind chime sound effect)

1 Like

Can’t you just let them know instead of us sitting on the phone for hours?

Hi @Spaldo. Since the Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, we aren’t part of the support team and can’t properly document concerns. This is why we’re letting you know to reach out to our support team directly so they can document this concern and provide any troubleshooting available. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone called to report this? Are they aware of the issue or do I need to call?