Hardwire Smoke/CO alarm with built in Alexa

Hi, I recently moved into a new home and discovered that the smoke/CO detectors are hardwired. I know in some towns hardwired smoke/CO detectors with battery back up are required by local codes. I installed 6 first alert smoke detectors that are compatible with ring but they are only battery powered. If possible for piece of mind a hardwired version would be great. I know Ring offers the detector listeners but I think some people myself included don’t like the look of having to hang another device next to a standard smoke/CO detector.

Does Ring have plans to make a hardwire smoke/CO detector with battery back up? This device could also function as a speaker and Amazon Alexa echo device all in one. I think a lot of home owners would appreciate the clean look of an Amazon Echo/Smoke/CO unit all in one that can be mounted to a ceiling. Thanks for your consideration.

Does the First Alert hardwired smoke and CO alarm you link to above work with Ring alarm?

Thanks

You would have to purchase the Smoke/CO listener for it to work with ring alarm.

I agree a hardwired works with ring alarm would be nice.

1 Like

Agree with this too… ours have to be hardwired per local requirements… stupid there is not an option for that and only carry battery versions.

1 Like

My city requires hardwired ring compatible fire alarm, I would like to get a hardwired smoke/co2 alarm. Yes, I know listeners are available but thfat is a Band-Aid approach and want a dedicated unit.

1 Like

Please Ring, the situation with not supporting any hardwired CO/smoke detectors is horrible. Due to regulations, there is no integratable solution in many areas.

1 Like

Would like to see a hardwire smoke/CO detector option as well!

Ditto, there is a definite market for this type of product.

1 Like

absolutely necessary to have wired smoke alarms, didn’t realize wireless is illegal where I just moved. I’m currently looking to get rid of ring and install something else, unless a solution shows up.

Still no code compatible solution ring?