Smart Lighting

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s battery and solar powered smart lights.
D
Hard-wire wall light solar
installation
solar-smart-lighting
troubleshooting
Is there any way to hard-wire a Wall Light Solar? I have it mounted above my home entrance steps. I guess I don't get enough sun there to keep it charged, and I'm not going to keep taking down to charge it.

05-07-2023 05:37:27

Responses (2)

C
Hi @deekaye. I checked with my team, and the [Indoor/Outdoor Power Adapter](https://ring.com/products/indoor-outdoor-power-adapter-barrel-plug) is a compatible accessory for the Wall Light Solar. This will provide your Wall Light Solar with continuous power if it's not receiving enough direct sunlight.

07-07-2023 04:51:31

A

I have a question on that. I have the adapter, but when I plug in to the wall light solar it doesnt have any effect. only the usb power input actually power this wall light solar. is there something i need to do in order for the power adapter to work there>

Ariel.

26-01-2024 12:45:41

J

Hi @arieldvo. The adapter that Caitlyn mentioned is the correct adapter for Wall Light Solar, and no other additional piece is needed. It should provide continuous power. If it is not, reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

29-01-2024 08:41:59

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User