Group Lights Not Turning ON

I have had groups (3) for quite some time. I moved some around today and now one of the groups will not turn on as a group. They each do individually, but not at the group level. The other two groups work fine. Never had this issue before, so I’m perplexed and a little ticked.

Hi @Fresh5. This is interesting. I would recommend deleting the entire light group and add the lights back into the group one by one. After each light is added, test the light group for function. This Help Center article here will have some information on light groups.

If you find that this is still not working for you after trying the above suggestions, try reaching out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.