Google speaker as doorbell chime

Please let us use smart speakers like google home as a doorbell chime or for motion notifications… while we’re talking about it, might as well let us use the speaker to speak through the doorbell too!

Yes, I know the echo does it… but I’m not switching my entire smarthome eco system for ring.

25 Likes

Audio integrations are certainly in popular demand! You are correct, Amazon Echo will extend notifications, and so does certain zwave devices and our Chime/Chime Pro.

We are always looking to expand and include different methods of notification as well as two way audio features. I’ll certainly pass this along to our integrations team, thank you for sharing your wish list with us!

3 Likes

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Audio integrations are certainly in popular demand! You are correct, Amazon Echo will extend notifications, and so does certain zwave devices and our Chime/Chime Pro.

We are always looking to expand and include different methods of notification as well as two way audio features. I’ll certainly pass this along to our integrations team, thank you for sharing your wish list with us!

Looking forward to an announcement when this integration is out!

6 Likes

I recently found this integration with google assistant, which should extend to google home speakers. This has existed since I reviewed it last year, but it must have not worked then so I disabled it until stumbling upon it again.

Unfortunately “motion alerts” do not work, even after turning it on at different speakers. Other functions seem to work, but it often gets stuck in a loop asking how it can help me.

If the motion alert kinks can be worked out, hopefully it won’t be much more work to add doorbell press support?

I would like to note that this integration shows support for google cast enabled smart displays and TVs, but that doesn’t work either.

3 Likes

Completely agree I hope they are working on it cause it so frustrating, to have an entire google ecosystem setup and practically no integration from the biggest video doorbell people out there.

It kinda sucks to miss a ring cause I didn’t have my phone on me at the moment. And sure I could get the ring chime but it seems like a no brained to link it with google. At this point it’s almost an expectation for all “smart” items to work with both Alexa and google

19 Likes

I agree 100%.

I’m new to Ring, and honestly, it’s likely going to be returned over this.

I’m disappointed too, because I like the idea of adding other cameras and buying into the entire ring ecosystem.

I’m giving them 24 hours to have this fixed, but after that, it’s going back, getting a bad review, and I’m done with them.

Please integrate with google home!!! I would love to be able to see who rang my bed from my google hub!!!

3 Likes

at least you get the SEND TO option…