GeoFencing

GeoFencing is on most rival alarm systems even cheap ones so why has it not been implemented for the Ring Alarm system yet?
Its relatively simple to implement but Ring don’t seem to want to do it and just say ‘We don’t have an ETA’ or ‘We will pass the information on’

Hey there, neighbor! We greatly appreciate you all sharing your interests and feedback with our Community. Your feedback is important to us and we are constantly sharing it with our teams here, while they work to improve your experiences. We are happy to announce that there is a new Geofence feature available for US based neighbors. This feature offers you an auto-snoozing of your notifications for your Doorbells and Cameras. Plus it has an Alarm Mode reminder too! Check out Riley’s Community article here, for more information on this new Geofence feature, and feel free to let us know what you think! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reminders are useless. We need the ability to arm and disarm alarms automatically based on geolocation. Who cares about reminders??? Just another bunch of banners in our notifications that we have to manually manage. That’s exact opposite of utilizing smart tech to its best capabilities.

1 Like

Absolutely pointless! If it can remind us it should be able to do it automatically.
Plus being in the UK I will probably be waiting months if not years to get it here.
Listen to your PAYING customers and give us what we want!

1 Like

Well said. Geofencing is available in even cheap cameras and other devices but Ring are still 5 years behind.
My Phillips Hue lights can turn off/on when I leave/arrive home so why cant my Ring alarm?!
Getting really fed up with Rings lack of foresight

1 Like

Sweden too
the ring door bell support is worst
I will never buy a ring doorbell again

So I noticed that the Geofence reminder ‘Feature’ was available in the UK.
I set it up as per the instructions and tested it by leaving the alarm disarmed while I popped out to get food.
It did NOTHING! No reminders when I left home or when I came home!
So this pointless feature doesn’t even work and possibly even worse it gives people a false sense of security.
I and all your other thousands of customers are paying money each month and we should get better than this!
If you aren’t going to provide a proper geofencing feature that automatically arms and disarms then I am going to make a point of sharing my disappointment over social media, then you might take notice

Update:
I have been on the phone to ring for nearly an hour about this ‘feature’ not working and so far all they have done is try to blame settings on my iPhone which I know is set up correctly. None the less I went through all the settings with them and proved that everything is set up up as it should be.
So they can’t explain it. What a surprise!