Gen 1 chimes don't reconnect after wifi outage

I have 3 gen 1 chimes. 1 appears to be broken as it is permanently offline, and I have posted elsewhere about this.

Recently my wifi has gone down a couple of times. After it starts up again, everything else in the home, which includes 2 gen 1 chime pros, reconnect without issue. For some reason my 2 working chimes stay offline until I power cycle them, at which point they reconnect.

Why are the gen 1 chimes not reconnecting automatically like everything else does?

Hey @McLovin. There could be a signal interference concern with the devices not reconnecting again, or they may have a high RSSI which could lead to this reconnection lag. The next time you see something like this happen, it would be best to reach out to our support team for them to take a deeper look into this. If this happens again, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and share how this goes! :slight_smile: