Floodlight Cam

OMG! Please add an on & off button in the app so we can engage the system when we go to bed or leave the house. I am tired of constantly getting motion alerts while we are at home just because it’s a windy day, and we would like to enjoy my backyard without the floodlights coming on.

@StephG wrote:

OMG! Please add an on & off button in the app so we can engage the system when we go to bed or leave the house. I am tired of constantly getting motion alerts while we are at home just because it’s a windy day, and we would like to enjoy my backyard without the floodlights coming on.

Unless I don’t correctly understand your request, you should already have the ability to control your Motion-Alerts and the Alert-Tones by adjusting the settings on your Smart-phone App.

To control the Motion-Alerts (the ‘pushed’ text-notification you receive on your App) by adjusting your settings; from main-menu (upper-left-corner, the three horizontal lines), select “Devices” > select your Floodlight cam > and then in the upper-half of this page, toggle ON or OFF the Motion Alerts.

To control the Alert-Tones (the sounds you hear on the App, and on your Alarm Base Station & Alarm Keypads, if you have them) by adjusting your settings; from main-menu (upper-left-corner, the three horizontal lines), select “Devices” > select your Floodlight cam > and then in the lower-half of this page, scroll and select “Device Settings” (the Gear Icon) > “Alert Settings” > “App Alert Tones” > and you can adjust “Volume” and/or select which “Sounds” you hear, includng the selection of “Silent.”

But as for “enjoy my backyard without the floodlights coming on” , with the Floodlights, you can take Manual Control and/or tinker/adjust “Motion Zone for the Lights” (adjusting the Zones and Radius Distance) that gives you the best results tailored to your needs (click on the 2 links below).

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004155866-Controlling-the-Floodlights-and-Light-Settings-on-Your-Floodlight-Cam

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001628983-How-Motion-Detection-Works-on-your-Floodlight-Cam

I hope this information is helpful to you :slight_smile: