Feature Update: Schedule your Ring Alarm to Arm and Disarm Automatically

Ring Suppirt, did you read this post, I’m not going to re-write it because my situation is the same. It is September 2023 now, when arming mode schedule functionality will be available for ring Cameras/doorbell???

1 Like

I too am baffled by the lack of this option–I have $10 wifi smart plugs and light bulbs that include free software that provides scheduling functionality. Ring could implement this feature in a second.

Unfortunately, we can keep requesting and dreaming of this option for (subscription paying) doorbell and camera users, but it’s about the shareholder’s bottom line and company profitability. Thus, I forsee this feature remaining behind the add-on paywall until Ring loses more customers to cheaper alternative solutions that provide these common sense features.

1 Like

I would love to have this feature on the Ring app, but I understand it’s only for Ring Alarm. I was able to perform the same thing with my Alexa. I was able to link the Ring to my Google account and then to the Alexa Dot and using the Alexa app, I created a schedule to set the Ring to Home Mode in the morning and set it to Away Mode at night.

1 Like

Will it be possible to arm the system silently (i.e., no audio message stating that it has armed)? Otherwise, this might be annoying at midnight.

Hi @jamaicans. You can find out more about the Audio settings for the Ring Alarm here.

Love this - I had no idea this was a thing. Just set up a schedule to set my system to “Home” at 11pm (because if someone hasn’t yet, it means we forgot!).

1 Like

Great Idea, @The_ChrisBryant!

Hello! I am hoping to get an update as to when the mode scheduling will be available. We really need to be able to have our ring switch from home to away at night and back again in the morning so we know who is going in or out our back door at night.
Is it being rolled out by geography?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Mode Schedule changed too early

How long Ring users need to wait for this basic feature that should be available years ago. The Feature Request post started in May 2021, saying “We still rolling out” For gods sake it is January 2024! How much longer we need to wait 2030??

Same here, it has been 3 years now, it is 2024 and Ring is doing nothing, still repeating the same thing…we are rolling out. It is a Joke!

Hi @chipmaster. Mode Scheduling is already available, but only for Ring Alarm users. If you do not have a Ring Alarm Security system, you will not have access to the Mode Scheduling feature. You will also need a Ring Protect plan in order to use this feature.

Modes Feature Suggestion:

So in early 2024 I equipped my home with the ring starter kit with base station and keypad. Got to say out the gate way to many notifications and ways to turn them on or off. Did eventually discover Modes feature which is mostly helpful. However what needs to also be included in this feature is a Snooze all alerts including camera and motion sensor alerts when base station is disarmed. This should only snooze or stop alerts and notifications but still allow the cameras to record motion and store video per the day limit settings preset to 60 days. Adding additional options like being able to select which devices are snoozed during disarmed would be a plus.