External power for retrofit kit

My retrofit alarm kit arrived yesterday. I was surprised that the only power option is battery - am I missing something? Since this is going to installed right next to the existing alarm cabinet, there is obviously power available. Is there not an option to tie the retrofit into the existing power?

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I ordered the kit. I’ll bet it’ll be a future upgrade. POE would be a nice option.

Bumping this 2 year old thread because I just installed this and thought the same thing…
What the heck Ring - the wired panel already has AC power + Backup battery. Why not utilize that. Should be so simple. Now I have to deal with replacing the 2 batteries whenever they die.

How long do those batteries last and what type are they? CR???

Hi there, neighbors! As described in the technical specifications for the Alarm Retrofit Kit on Ring.com, the method of power is via 2 X 3V Lithium 123 Batteries ( Included). @JetRocket11, as you asked about the battery use life, these should last 5 years with 100 events per day. “Events” defined as either open/close events or the 70 minute supervisory message sent from the device to the Base Station to report that the device is online.

As the Retrofit Kit is considered to be an advanced DIY solution, the best information will be found within our Community post about the Retrofit Kit.