Extending ring bridge range

Is there any way to extend the wireless range of the ring bridge?

I recently picked up a bridgre and 4 solar pathlights and I’m a bit disappointed at the range. Some are only about 25 feet away and they’re reporting poor connectivity to the bridge.

My driveway is about 300 feet long and I was hoping to add solar pathlights down the entire length if these worked out, but it isn’t looking good so far.

Hi @SecretAsianMan. If you are experiencing poor signal with your Ring Bridge, it could be due to interference. I would try moving your Ring Bridge to a different location and monitoring the signal for a day or 2. You may need to do this a few times to find an optimal location. I hope this helps!

I can do that. What kind of range should I be able to expect from the bridge in ideal conditions?

I could actually put the bridge outside in a weatherproof enclosure so it would have clear line of sight to the places where I want more pathlights.

Hi @SecretAsianMan . There isn’t an exact distance I can give. With the amount of variables that can affect the signal of the Ring Bridge, it’s tough to say. I wouldn’t put your Ring Bridge outside, even if in a weather proof box. With being exposed to the sun and hot/cold temperature, this could affect functionality. It might be best to contact our support team for this concern. They’ll be able to go over the specific circumstances related to your setup and develop a plan of action for getting your desired outcome. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m having a similar issue- the bridge just won’t reach across the house AND it won’t let me add a second one, which would be fine for me (gives error “you already have a device like this”). Does anyone know how to work around/through this?

Hi @cowanSF. I have responded to your comment on this post about using more than one Ring Bridge at a location.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.