Extended Live View on Alexa echo/show devices

Since Live View was enabled on Alexa echo devices, things got easier with my Ring doorbell yet I think the time that the live view stays on an echo device once someone rings is not long enough. It does not give you enough time to reach the device to speak as its merely a few seconds. We don’t always have our phone on us and we should not be forced to run towards our echo to get a glimpse of who’s at the door. An option to set the duration or perhaps leave it until dismissed would be great. I think 1min or a bit more would be enough.

1 Like

I have my ring doorbell linked via Alexa Skills to my Echo Show.

When the doorbell is pressed – the Echo Show brings up liveview.

I would like to be able to change the setting for how long the Liveview stays up on the Echo SHow. I worry that at 10 minutes per pop – I will wear out the battery on the DoorBell.

Please add a configurable timeout setting for liveview as part of the Alexa Skills.

How did you make your doorbell do that?

The live video feed lasts only 10 seconds on the Alexa Echo Show and there is no way to change it.
Most of the times 10 seconds are not enough to reach the echo show and look at the video feed.
Can you please allow users to set their own video feed duration?

Thank you!

1 Like

When someone rings the doorbell, a live video feed appears on my Amazon Echo 5. This video disappears way too quickly. Please add a setting to manual increase the preview time.

1 Like