Extend the length of Live View (24/7 recording)

I’m wondering when will Ring add a feature that allows users to monitor all cameras like an NVR system 24/7. Let’s say users buy a cheap iPad just to monitor Ring cameras around the house. I always want to put an iPad to monitor Ring cameras around my house in the bedroom but unfortunately, that function is not available. Hopefully, they’ll add it soon.

:point_right:[Like & hit the blue VOTE button top left corner so Ring team can see this requested feature] :point_left:

2 Likes

Actually, my mailbox + cars were broken into last night. Did my ring cameras catch it? No. I pay for the highest subscription and I can’t believe my investment in Ring cameras didn’t work. This is why 24/7 recoding is necessary. Motion detection doesn’t work all the time!!!

1 Like

I’m also trying to use ring cam as a baby monitor. Huge disappointed, but i hope ring impliments continuous viewing soon :heart:

2 Likes

Seeing how far this issue goes back and how ring is ignoring this, its starting to feel pretty hopeless.

I wish that I had known about this before purchasing the product and investing so much time setting up the alarm, lights, and camera system. Unfortunately I had received the cameras last… It seems like this is a pretty important feature that should be included in the marketing material. As the use cases for this feature are some of the most basic expectations that people have when buying cameras.

I really can’t believe it, it’s such a major disappointment. The cameras only ended up satisfying 1 out of 3 use cases that I had (1: capture on person detection, 2: baby monitor, 3: live security house monitoring to have in the background while i work late at night --when I hear the neighbors dogs barking loud i’m curious about what’s going on out there)

2 Likes

nope … we’re not worth responding to

1 Like

+1

And here are my 20 not so similar characters for this reply…
Blah blah blah

1 Like

Well it’s been 2 years since voting opened. Can we get an idea when this feature will roll-out.
Thanks Ring Team!

4 Likes

Re: the 10 min live limit if subscribed, my needs are: 10 seconds live recorded if motion is detected. If viewed on a desktop device do not shut off live display, just record motion section(s) as done currently. Add a scheduling feature for this continued live viewing i.e. " “no notification sounds” = checkboxes to select times. That would reduce the storage and record keeping to only my requested data, and allow the camera(s) to act as monitors.

2 Likes

Any update on continuous recording?

1 Like

Hi

A feature to enable constant recording until manually disabled.
This would be helpful in the event of an issue ongoing and you want to ensure everything is recorded.
Without having to keep Live View on. As you may want to come out the app to make some calls etc.

I could care less about continuous recording, but I can’t believe you can’t continuously view the camera on a device, specifically for a baby monitor.

2 Likes

Extend the length of Live View (24/7 recording) Please add it.

Ring, take notice your ring community need it.
Thanks

1 Like

There are handy buttons on live view like “Mic On/Off”, “Speaker On/Off”, “Lights On/Off” (if applicable), etc. Why not add “Record On/Off”? Record options can timeout after 10 minutes (reducing cloud storage requirements) and only reactivate again if motion is detected or by manually clicking record button again, but critically, leave live view active and continuously broadcasting.

For me, the other requested feature for multiple views in a single session is not as critical (at least on a computer with a browser) since I can pull up two or more live views in separate browser instances side by-side and dock them on a screen.

Like others here, I do like to monitor outdoor activities in a surveillance type mode.

Thanks,
Ritchie

1 Like

Continuous live view existed on my Amazon Cloud Cam that came out almost a decade ago and Amazon (owner of Ring) just bricked those cameras. They offered Blink cameras to replace them but like Ring the Blink’s don’t allow continuous live view either. Crazy and really disappointing that they have taken this major step backward. If it was possible 10 years ago and technology has gotten so much better in that time I can’t imagine why this is so hard now. Get it together Ring/Amazon and listen to your customers!

1 Like

I got a Ring Floodlight cam for a Christmas present from my family. After finding out that you cannot continuously monitor a live view with the camera (not continuous record, I don’t need or expect that) I am returning the Ring and looking for something else.

1 Like

I’m also a +1 for this, i would love to have a small monitor or other device showing my streams 24/7 on an indoor security screen like any other camera system can. I find it quite odd that these are premium priced cameras but missing real basic NVR capabilities. I don’t need it to be recording 24/7 i understand that this would drastically increase the save streams online and therefore storage, but the ability to directly stream the cameras live just on my local network would be much better.

1 Like

@ Ring team any updates on this?

2 Likes

so Ring acknowledged and is working to bring this feature but where is it?!

2 Likes

I would even pay an extra $20/month to have continuous Recording like Google Nest offers

3 Likes

Ring, please make the timeout setting for all security cameras customizable. !!!

1 Like