Existing Z-wave Devices - Experiences?

Hi All!

TL;DR Version - I have Zwave devices from Insteon system. Can I get same level of usuability if I move them to my new Ring system?

Background:

I current have my house fully Insteon’d with 2 notable Zwave devices - a Kwikset Smartcode 916 and a FirstAlert Smoke/CO2 Zwave. I see that the FirstAlert is in their list of accepted devices, and that another Zwave Kwikset is also.

Aside from “warrenty” / “guarenty” status (I understand that none of the existing devices will be guarenteed to work), has anyone out there done this integration?

Right now, I’m looking at “Status Quo” - keeping everything on my Insteon system, and maintaining two security systems (one for door LOCK & fire ALARM and second for door & window sensors, freeze sensors, etc - the stuff I just bough from Ring).

I would PREFER to move the two Zwave devices to the Ring system, but before I go down that road, I would like to hear if ANYONE out there has done this. If so, I have 3 questions:

1. Will it work reliably? Should I even go down this road.
  2. Will I still get extended status - remotely check / change door lock status, battery levels
  3. Will I still be able to remotely update the door lock combinations?

WRT 2 & 3; I don’t need to be able to do them in the way I do them now, I just need to know if there is *some*way* to do them.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.