Event history not loading videos on the website but working on my phone, tablet etc

Just tried to report this issue as per your post. The chap I spoke with had no idea about this issue at all & the only solution was to use a different browser. That is not satisfactory. I asked to be added to the ever growing list of unhappy users & whilst he said he would add my name to the list I suspect he was just fobbing me off.

No solution in sight & not bothering to find one I suspect. Very disappointed.

Just switched browsers from Chrome to microsoft edge. Videos playedā€¦Well! for 2 minutes.
Back to trying to load. That didnā€™t last long.

It looks like something has changed in the background here. A while back, the videos worked and now they do but it depends on which WiFi Iā€™m on.

I did a bit of digging and found that the fixing firewall issues section in this article https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/205385394-The-protocols-and-ports-used-by-Ring-devices fixed it for me on the WiFi that didnā€™t work for event history view too

Maybe something has changed on rings side and they are making changes to the way the history view works to make it more like the live view too. Hope they fix it soon but maybe people can try that article to see if it fixes it for them to

1 Like

I have been having the same problem as the rest of these unhappy customers. Before I saw these comments I had called tech support and was quickly told the problem is my PC, and nothing they could do to help. Now, I see all of these comments and realize this problem is not my PC. Sometimes videos load, however, most of the time they will not load. I can click on one video and it works, but if I check other one it will not load.

1 Like

Same issue here. Was working just fine and then not. Still cannot view history in Chrome or Safari.

2 Likes

One thing I have noticed is that when I try to view on my cell (webpage, donā€™t have the app.), the ring webpage immediately knocks my cell service out each time I click on a video. When service returns and I click on one, I get a glimpse and then no service again. This is not the case when my phone is on wifi though, and I can view videos a decent amount of time that way, which is really odd. I donā€™t notice the internet going out on my computer when I go to the website, but itā€™s nearly impossible to load videos.

Anyone thinking of suing Ring for breach of contract???

1 Like

Appears to be working again.

I have a similar problem. It seems that this is a systematic problem with RING and no solution in sight! My problem is when I go into History (I use a MacBook Pro and Safari latest version) none of the Videos load on the screen as they should. It works on Chrome on my PC and on my mobile app iPhone on Safari ā€¦ but Iā€™d like it to work on my laptop!!!

1 Like

Having the same issue. This issue is clearly not solved.

1 Like

Same thing with me. Video history plays fine on my Android phone Ring app but not on my Windows PC. Iā€™ve tried Firefox and Chrome, no difference. Both browsers are up-to-date.

2 Likes

Hello - checking in on this.

June 16th @ 0208 CSTā€¦

Does anyone have an update?

This is a joke. Cannot open videos on browsers, opening Developer menu in Chrome shows that clicking liveview results in a 404 error when trying to access the monitoring API, and Ring says itā€™s an end user problem.

I will be selling all my ring devices and getting a surveillance product that works.

[Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)]
[APIBaseClient.get /monitoring/accounts/my account number/status 404 Not Found: undefined]

When I asked Customer Services for assistance they gave me the Ring USA number to phone. I live in New Zealand. What is this company doing?

Just randomly worked for me this Morning on east coast USA using Chrome Version 114.0.5735.134 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win11 PC (up to date on all updates).

Weā€™ll see how long this last but first time sicne early March when people started reporting this

Going on 4 mos. and still is not fixed. Ring has no intention of fixing this as people have provided screen grabs of the code and it could have been fixed in ten minutes. Now a new issue. Videos ā€œplayā€ in Edge (timer at bottom is moving) but the screen is black. It just gets worse and worse.
If anyone has switched to another system that does work and is still able to log on, please report back here.

So an update from me, I now have live view back on Chrome for my Driveway Camera which is the floodlight product but not for my doorbell one. Iā€™ve always had event history and that is still working as normal.

Canā€™t view history videos on windows 10 pc. Just black screen. I have to download video to pc as an mp4 file to view. I can view history on phone, but this is not acceptable. I am about ready to switch to some other service.

I started having this same problem yesterday. Iā€™m only able to retrieve video from my android phone. I thought I had the issue addressed earlier this morning with a device removal/reset, but now itā€™s affecting all of my cameras at two locations. Like everyone else, Iā€™m waiting/hoping for a quick resolution of this systemic issue that appears to be spreading.

Same issue here, but only with one of my 3 cams (1 doorbell, 2 stick up cams). One of the stick up camā€™s history shows black videos in desktop app for months now. Since a few days ago it shows black videos on ring.com aswell. On phone all works fine for this cam, live view for this cam works fine on ring.com, but not in desktop app (ā€œError: UnsupportedContentā€).
History and live view for doorbell and other stickup cam has no issues at all, not on phone, not in desktop app and not on ring website.

Ring 3rd Gen Stickup Cam. All recorded videos from this cam are now not playing on the Ring website. I only get a black screen with the time bar at the bottom ā€˜playingā€™ as though something is playing, but without video. Problem occurs across different computers and both Edge and Chrome.

If I download the video it plays fine. If I review the video on any cell phone it plays fine. I have 10 other Ring cameras that play the videos fine on the Ring site, 2 of which are also the same model camera.

Ring, get your sh1t together and fix thisā€“customers deserve better. This has been going on since March with 120 replies in this thread alone detailing the Ring website being unable to play recorded videos.

1 Like