Event history not loading videos on the website but working on my phone, tablet etc

I’ve tweeted about this to Ring and shared the link to this post. Got a DM but I’m getting the same run around “support” there where you have to retell them a million times their website does not play history videos for them to keep asking for screenshots of the errors to which I’ve already sent and still just going in a circle. This is so ridiculous that their website can’t support this basic function that used to work just fine.

Update from me, I can get it working on different browsers so I’ve listed below what I’ve tested so far:

Note - On home desktop PC (Windows 10 22H2) & Now BB network with no VPN activated.

Not working

• Chrome - Version 112.0.5615.138 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Only Live View doesn’t work, history plays back fine
  • Chrome - Version 113.0.5672.64 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Just updated and still no Live View
  • Firefox - Version 112.0.2 (64-bit) - Live View and history loads but has stuttering playback making it unwatchable

Working

• Edge - Version 112.0.1722.48 (Official build) (64-bit) - Fully working
  • Hola - Version 110.0.5481.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)/Hola Service version 1.210.157 - Fully working

Chrome is my default browser so I would still like it fixed as it was working fine before.

2 Likes

I shared a screenshot of the post above listing what works and what doesn’t work with the Ring Twitter team through Twitter DM. If anyone else has anything to add or more information to share about this issue, or if it has been resolved for you please write a post. They ask I turn of my VPN to see if it works and that didn’t change a thing in my case.

1 Like

Ring is doing an excellent job of being awful these days. Still doesn’t work and hasn’t for months.

2 Likes

Is it me or is ‘Ring’ removing the ‘less than flattering’ comments on here?
At least one of my remarks hurt someones feeling & is gone.
So ‘Ring’ you can take away comments that hurt ‘Caitlyns’ feelings but you can’t fix a problem thats effecting your customers?
You do realise that it’s US the paying customer that funds your company?
If we leave you go down the U bend.

2 Likes

Seems like the community post is related to a phone app, not a computer. Ring live view and also viewing recordings in history suddenly stopped working from my work computer. No issues until recently and we have had the cameras for awhile and no changes to our internet, etc.

Still not working on Chrome and Microsoft Edge. This issue has NOT been resolved. What is the solution, Ring Staff?

1 Like

Still no response or solution. Nothing has changed on our end.

1 Like

Just cancelled the protect plan…

Ring doesn’t care about its customers, that has become obvious. Months have gone by with this issue and no solution.

1 Like

@RING - This is vital for me especially when I’m at work as it helps keep an eye on my 75 year old mum. Do you realise the affect this has on your users?? zero response interaction in weeks… Ridiculous

2 Likes

Tried to cancel my plan, but even that doesn’t go through on the website for me. I’ve removed my billing credit card and will let my subscription cancel itself. 40% price increase last year for absolutely no benefit, and garbage customer support… thanks for making the decision to switch real easy.

1 Like

I cancelled my plan today, I refuse to support a company that has such terrible customer support. I’ve called and posted here but nobody from support will help with the event history problem.

I can still view the videos using MAC OS X Safari browser.

Same issue here, been going on for several months now. I can’t watch live view on my browser, was told that must be due to something my work is doing suddenly and now I can’t watch the history either, all I can view is whatever little random bit the dashboard shows… seriously what is the point of even having this service?

Hi neighbors. At this time, we do not have an update to provide regarding this concern. We are still asking for you to call our support team, as mentioned by Caitlyn in the marked solution. If you have already called, there is no need to call again. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey Justin! Someone new . Can you give your customers some idea when you will be paying out refunds for the last 2 months. I only ask because your service is not ‘Fit for purpose’.

4 Likes

The last 3 months I can not view HISTORY on RING.COM on my PC LAPTOP or WIFES laptop. It just spins. I am not connect to a VPN never had this issue before. I can even share history videos but not see them. I can even go live… I was told when I called there was a problem with RING.COM but when I called back yesterday they said there was not a problem. I even asked the person to login using my credentials and they refused. I am tired of paying for something I can not view on a laptop or PC.

1 Like

I am having the same issue on the website. Live video will not load nor will the videos from Event History. I am using Google Chrome and I am not using a VPN. The issue has NOT been solved!!!

Same as everyone here - unable to view recorded events on my work computer for the past 2+ months. Has anyone heard anything new/different from Ring tech support? Crazy!