Error P13-01 when connecting Echo Show5 to Ring Intercom

Hello
when trying to enable my Echo Show 5 to Ring Intercom I always get error P13-01 … it says to enable Home monitoring for my Echo Show but it is already active…
What’s wrong? On Amazon buying page it was clearily written that it is compatible with my Echo Show 5
How to solve?
See screenshots attached

1 Like

I’m also facing the same error code while trying to switch on home monitoring on echo show 5. For me the person detection on Alexa routine is working, but it is unable to integrate with Ring.

Hi @spanzetta, Welcome to the Ring Community!
We have recently updated the connectivity between Echo devices and Ring Intercom.
Can you confirm the situation of your Ring Intercom and if the problem still exists?
We look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi @Enzo_Ring , similar to @spanzetta , I face the exact same situation. Echo Show 5 (3rd gen) unboxed yesterday then the very same situation and error code. Amazon support, on a phone call earlier today, they do not see an issue on their end i.e. Echo Show is connected and shows in the list of Alexa devices on the Amazon account, the Ring skill is enabled, as well Home monitoring is enabled. Resetting router network, setting Eero to broadcast in 2,4 GHz those did not help either.

Hi @EvangelosK, Welcome to the Ring Community!
Only Ring Video Doorbells and Ring Cameras are compatible with the home monitoring feature.
You can use Alexa voice commands to do the following:

1. Answer your Ring Intercom
  2. End a conversation
  3. Unlock your building entrance

For more details please visit https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/7117928809876
If you require any further information, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.