Echo dot will not provide doorbell press announcements!

• Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen)
  • Echo Dot (3rd Gen)

Hi - am going crazy here! I keep on missing folks ringing our battery powered Ring Video Doorbell as the Echo Dot does not provide alerts for doorbell press announcements!

Have followed all the advice I can find online including:

1. Linking and unlinking my Amazon account
  2. Disabling and re-enabling Ring skill in Alexa
  3. Echo Dot - do not disturb is off. I have turned it on and back off again
  4. My amazon, ring and Alexa login are all using the same email address

I am going crazy here and don’t wish to buy a Ring Chime especially as there is a wait until the middle of December for one now in the UK.

Can someone please help?!?!?

Thank you so much!

Hi - thanks for that. Doorbell Press Announcements is on and Announcement Device is Echo Dot. Have toggled this off and back on and it still doesn’t work.

Any other ideas? Thank you so much!

Hi there - forgot to add that I’d already called them and they were unable to help sadly!

Very much appreciate your help and quick responses. Thank you.

Does anyone else have a suggestion or someone from Ring?

Were you able to get this issue fix? I’m having the same problem. Echo Show

Hi @Peaceke. Theres a few things we need to look at in order to determine what could be happening here. What is the RSSI for this device? What device is this? Do you have Doorbell Announcements enabled in your Alexa App? What troubleshooting steps have you performed? Knowing what you’ve done, can help us determine where to go next. Thanks, neighbor.

1 Like

Basically as far as I can tell RING DOORBELL and ALEXA do not actually work. I’ve tried for MONTHS and nothing. EVERYTIME I set ALEXA to enable front door as soon as I close the Alexa App it DISABLES.

Basically another marketing ploy that doesn’t actually work.

My doorbell was notifying through my Echo dots perfectly and then it quit about a week ago. I would still get notifications through my phone, however it would not notify through Echo anymore. I tried everything people have posted which included…

1. Changed email to match Amazon account
  2. Disabled the Ring skill in Alexa app
  3. Uninstalled Ring app
  4. Reinstalled Ring app
  5. Re-enabled Ring Skill
  6. Re-linked the accounts

This did not work!!

What did work is to follow all the above steps, but this time I uninstalled the Ring doorbell from my Alexa app so when I linked my Ring and Alexa app it rediscovered my Ring doorbell as if it were a new device. It now works perfectly. Don’t forget after you do this, to go back into Alexa under doorbell settings and enable the announcements that you want and on which devices you want it to alert you on.