Echo 4th gen as a bridge for a19 light bulbs

I have been trying to connect the ring a19 light bulb. Each time I went through the process it will state my echo is offline and wont complete the set up. I looked at the the ring app and it shows the echo is offline. I have spoke to amazon and ring many times and nothing has been resolved. The agents will do what they can and send me back in to a circle with nothing. I found this article Echo (4th Gen) Offline under Connected Devices
i have went through the set up process over and over for 6+ hours. Lets get this fixed ASAP! I have been part of ring for many years. The set up process cant be this hard! I have link my amazon and ring account together. confirmed from ring it shows linked. Spoke to amazon and they confirmed my echo is online. ( god forbid i say her name) will respond to my requests.
Whats the deal ring? this is frustrating

1 Like

i also used this article with no luck

Sorry to hear about this experience, @justhere81! Your Echo device should certainly be working as a Bridge, as it looks to be a compatible model. Thank you for the screen shot of what this looks like in your Ring app, and for confirming your Echo is indeed online and working otherwise.

If possible, try using another mobile device for this setup, and please ensure there is not a vpn enabled.

You’ve covered all the best steps, and if the above does not resolve your concern, this will need a closer look from our support team. As you’ve worked with them before, they will be able to escalate you to an advanced support team for further assistance, if needed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I received the A19 Bulb for free with and Echo 4 Device,
Tried every troubleshooting in the book.

• Resetting the light (Turn on and Off 6 Times)
  • Disable/Enable the Ring Skill
  • Turning off/on my phone
  • Using other Devices (I tried 6! Yes, 6 other Devices, iOS and Android)
  • Changing the Address
  • Contacting customer support (Ring and Amazon)

But nothing works for such a simple light this is to much trouble, To be hones this is my first Ring device and I was planning to purchased even more since the echo 4 has the built in bridge (have a little crush on the ring door bell for a while) but at this point I’m considering my self unlucky that I didn’t get a Sengled smart bulb instead, which I have 3 since I purchased 3 echo dots, and not a single one of them give me troubles, just connect them and synch them, I don’t know if this a know issue but I really hope that Ring solved it quick

Doesn’t work for me either. Up until today, they still haven’t figured it out.
Still doesn’t work with my show 10 (3rd gen).

1 Like

I have the echo dot 4th gen and I am unable to connect to the A19 ring lights. I have used amazon chat to try and troubleshoot and they told me to call ring. I called ring and spend the better part of an hour troubleshooting with no luck in the end. Why is ring marketing the new echo devices as light bridges if they are not working as such? I specifically purchased the echo dot to use as a ring bridge and I am currently at a loss as to what I should do. Was anyone else able to figure this mess out?

1 Like

Hi neighbors! I wanted to chime in and provide some clarification and basic troubleshooting tips that may be useful if you’re having any concerns with using your Echo device as a Bridge.

For neighbors with Echo Plus (4th gen) and Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen)

Standard troubleshooting steps apply. These troubleshooting steps include:

• Power Cycling the Echo,
  • Making sure the Echo is fully updated and online
  • Adding and removing the Echo
  • Using another mobile device for setup, if you have one available

For neighbors using Echo Dot (4th Gen)

The Echo Dot does not support any gateway functionality and will not show up in the Ring app as a gateway. We’ve seen this be a source of confusion before, as the Dot does look very similar to the Echo Plus.

I hope this helps clear things up. If you’re still having trouble using your Echo Plus (4th Gen) and Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) as a Smart Lighting Bridge after following the suggested troubleshooting steps, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I was having the same problem and I remembered that some of my other devices will not work when connected to my 5G internet.
I changed my internet connection on my Echo 4th generation from the 5G to the standard connection and I was able to connect the light bulb.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.