Dropping Wifi - Chime lost Blue light

For the past 6 weeks our Ring Door Bell only intermitently works. It is hardwired and the health is good. For about 6 months the blue ring light is off on the Chime booster but it drops wifi and doesn’t reconnect. We’ve had it nearly 2 years and never had an issue with it before but its driving me mad. I can’t get the case off due to arthiritic hands to press the orange button. Any thoughts on this as it will come back on in a few days, work a day and then go off again?

Hi there, @Sarah0771. It sounds like there are a few devices offline here. The best next step will be to bring your Video Doorbell inside, and relocate the Chime near the router. Next, reconnect both the Doorbell and the Chime to your wifi. Test both devices to confirm they are remaining online while nearest the router.

If your Chime device is not blinking blue, and relocating to another outlet did not fix this, please attempt a reset by holding the setup button on the Chime for 20 seconds. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Marley,

We’ve been able to reset the door bell this weekend and it’s started working again which is great. However the blue light on the chime plug definitely doesn’t light up anymore. Why is this?

@Sarah0771 It’s great to hear the Doorbell is up and running for you! For the Chime, you’ll want to try a different power outlet as well as try resetting it by holding down the button on the side for 20 seconds. If the light still does not come on after that, it would be best to follow up with our support team so they can take a closer look at it for you. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem: my doorbell Pro suddenly keeps intermittently losing its wifi connection. Every other device–even every Ring device–is fine. Nothing in my setup has changed but at least once per day over the last several days I see that the doorbell is offline.

(And BTW: why is there no alert sent to the subscriber when this happens? To design a security device such that it can silently fail is borderline professional malfeasance. For example, an intruder could knock the camera off the wall and there’d be no way of knowing. Not very well thought out or implemented. It’s making me reconsider my investment in the Ring security system.)