Drained batteries from solar pathlights

Where can I buy replacement rechargeable batteries for my ring solar pathlights?

Hi @smartengrhome. The Ring Solar Pathlight has an 18650 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery that can be recharged via a micro USB charger. You can find this information on the product page for the Solar Pathlight here as well. I hope this information helps. :slight_smile:

Nitecore model NL1832 is what I’ve been using as a replacement for a couple weeks with no issues. The 18650 comes in different styles which can cause them to be different lengths. Flat top vs button top and unprotected vs protected. The battery from the factory appears to be a protected button top. This battery was the closest to the specs of the battery from Ring that I could find.

2 Likes

Is the Nitecore model NL1832 the same size as the battery that is provided by ring?

Yes, the NL1832 is the same size. A response in another thread said the NL1834 will also fit and has a little more power storage.

Hi there, neighbors! Sorry to hear you are having concerns with your batteries. If you’ve already tried charging your batteries manually and reconnecting your Smart Lighting, our support team will be happy to take a closer look. If needed, our support team can also send you a replacement battery.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

How on earth can you sell solar path lights and step lights but not have replacement batteries?? Lithium ion batteries are a wear and tear item, meaning they can only take so many charge/discharge cycles before they fall off a cliff. SELL THE BATTERIES RING! (Or provide unlimited warranty replacements!)

2 Likes

Purchased 8 Ring solar path lights w/ bridge in August 2021. When I contacted Ring a year later, in August 2022, about my solar path light issues, tech support was very helpful and worked through troubleshooting my problem. It came down to drained batteries that would not recharge sufficiently to power their devices. I was informed that batteries are not covered under their warranty and they no longer provide replacements.
I purchased the replacement lithium ion batteries that they recommended . The path lights started functioning again; however within 2 weeks all my batteries had discharged and were not recharging even though solar path lights are and have always been in full Arizona sun. Plugged in cable charger and now batteries only charge to 85% & will only light up while on the charging cable while inside the house. Not useful!
I got a year out of the original set of Ring rechargeable solar batteries and while I am a big Ring fan, I am extremely disappointed with this particular ring product. The battery is the weak link here. Ring needs to sell proper replacement batteries and market the path light as needing solar batteries replaced after so many charges.

2 Likes

Where can I buy replacement batteries?