Drained batteries from solar pathlights

Where can I buy replacement rechargeable batteries for my ring solar pathlights?

Hi @smartengrhome. The Ring Solar Pathlight has an 18650 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery that can be recharged via a micro USB charger. You can find this information on the product page for the Solar Pathlight here as well. I hope this information helps. :slight_smile:

Nitecore model NL1832 is what I’ve been using as a replacement for a couple weeks with no issues. The 18650 comes in different styles which can cause them to be different lengths. Flat top vs button top and unprotected vs protected. The battery from the factory appears to be a protected button top. This battery was the closest to the specs of the battery from Ring that I could find.

2 Likes

Is the Nitecore model NL1832 the same size as the battery that is provided by ring?

Yes, the NL1832 is the same size. A response in another thread said the NL1834 will also fit and has a little more power storage.

Hi there, neighbors! Sorry to hear you are having concerns with your batteries. If you’ve already tried charging your batteries manually and reconnecting your Smart Lighting, our support team will be happy to take a closer look. If needed, our support team can also send you a replacement battery.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

How on earth can you sell solar path lights and step lights but not have replacement batteries?? Lithium ion batteries are a wear and tear item, meaning they can only take so many charge/discharge cycles before they fall off a cliff. SELL THE BATTERIES RING! (Or provide unlimited warranty replacements!)