Download section of timeline

Hi all,

Newbie alert!

A rather strange event occured in the early hours of the morning, that was captured on one of my Ring cams, but it wasnt an ‘event’ it was just on the timeline.

Can I download a section of footage to my PC or phone?

Thanks
Matt

Hi @mattdsc! If there was a motion event, and you are subscribed or in free trial, a recording should be available for download in your Event History. If it was only a snapshot that was taken, you can hover over it in the timeline, select the additional options (3 dots) in bottom right hand corner, and tap “Snapshot” to download it. This can be only be done on a mobile device with the Ring app, however, your video event history is accessible on all Ring apps and via web browser. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Is there a way to do this for a large chunk of footage, as opposed to selecting each video one at a time? For example, selecting a time range to download from May 1 through May 15. Selecting , and downloading, each clip one at a time can be very time consuming.

Hey @tgiannaras. While there is not a way to have a bulk or mass download for your video history, this is great idea! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.