General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
N
User Solution
Closed
Download 12 Hour Video Timeline
troubleshooting
event-history-timeline

I need to give my county road commission an overnight video of the traffic on our road. I don’t see a way to download the complete timeline from 5pm to the following 4am. Downloading one hour chunks of time is ridiculously inconvenient on my phone and there are only four ‘movement’ videos online which surprises me since I thought I’d see the same thing on my online dashboard as I do on the app. Silly me! How do I download a complete chunk or earmark that part of the timeline with a link so the road commission can view it? (Android/Galaxy S22Ultra)

24-01-2024 08:02:17

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @nightsmusic. Ring Cameras do not record 24/7, so there will not be a 12 hour section of continuous video to download or share. Video will be recorded when motion is detected, or the Live View is activated. Each event can be downloaded from the Event History. You can also create a share link for each event.

It sounds like you have Snapshot Capture enabled, which will take snapshot images at your selected frequency. These snapshot images can be viewed and downloaded from the Ring app, but they are not accessible on Ring.com. I hope this helps clear things up.

26-01-2024 03:44:52

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

25-02-2024 03:44:58

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User