Doorbell

Bought door bell a year ago. I can view when I am at home but can’t view anything when I am out. My phone is on 4G. The advertisement is very misleading.

Notification comes very late. So late that by the time I open the door, the visitor had gone

Hey there, @FR2. When connection is slower while away from home, this is often an indicator of mobile data difference, the environment, and other features you might be using on your mobile device away from home. Depending on mobile data provider and available towers, it can sometimes help to switch data off/ on to see if it will refresh your mobile data connection. Please also consider environmental factors such as zones where mobile data signal is not good, locations where there are many mobile devices interfering with one another, or locations with secure networks that might prevent streaming.

Another way to optimise Ring app performance while away, is to check on any other apps running in the background that might conflict or even take away processing resources from the Ring app. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled during these times. If the Ring app still does not notify or access video as intended, try out the Rapid Ring app, designed for quick access to live events. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I tried on fast internet as well. Fiber to the premises. It does not work. When I am at home, the notification is very late, so late that when I open the door, the visitor has gone

Hi @FR2. Stepping in for Marley here. We have a helpful Community write up here that might be of some help. Also, you can try to remove the Ring app from your mobile, power your mobile off and on, then reinstall the Ring app. Once you have done this, try logging into your Ring app to see if there is any improvement.

If this problem persists, our support will be able to help you more. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.