Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Doorbell Wired Installation problem UK
installation
troubleshooting

I am installing a doorbell wired in the UK. I am powering direct from a Ring power adapter via the old bell wiring, I am getting 24VDC at the ring unit. I never get to the spinning white light - I just get a flashing blue light pulsing every second or so. I have tried the reset button, makes no difference.

If I put the power source direct onto the bell it just goes a solid blue and reset button has no impact.

Totally lost, please help!

30-12-2023 02:00:44

Responses (3)

U

Update - we have rewired so that doorbell is now powered directly by Ring plug adapter - now have solid blue light and unable to add as a device via app - please help!

31-12-2023 03:56:19

J

Hi @user72896. When you press the setup button on the side of your Doorbell, is it entering set-up mode? It should spin white and say that it is in set-up mode.

02-01-2024 06:21:53

U

I’m having this same issue, we’ve been wired to the mains for 24 hours, the blue ring is showing, but regardless of how long I hold down the orange button I can’t get the spinning white light. I’ve completed all steps requested by the RING App to this point. Any help would be appreciated.

13-01-2024 11:38:54

J

Hi @user74195. If your Doorbell is not entering setup mode and you have already tried a reset, give our support team a call for further assistance.

15-01-2024 07:58:08

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User