Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
Doorbell Lag
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
cs-support
I Have the Ring Doorbell (latest) running on battery. Over the last 6months the lag between someone pressing the doorbell and me getting the notification is ridiculous. By the time i get the notification the person has gone. This happens even if I am home. The Ring app has been removed and reinstalled Tried default setting Tried custom settings The camera has been rest Battery fully charged Tried varius locations for Wi-Fi hub There is no issue with Wi-Fi, its abot 3M between Wi-Fi hub and doorbell and has good quality signal. My mobile (S23 Ultra) has full signal and have no issues with any other app using Wi-Fi. No matter what I try, the lag persists making the doorbell useless, so much so that i am thinking of getting rid of all my Ring devices, and move to another make. My daughter has similar problems with her ring doorbell. What is going on ? Is it the app at fault All environmental changes have no impact. Thanks.

25-05-2023 08:33:17

Responses (2)

J
Hi @D95gas. Those were excellent troubleshooting steps to try for your concern. You can also reboot your router by unplugging it for a few seconds and plugging it back in. Also, try rebooting your phone as well. If you have tried these additional steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus) for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

26-05-2023 04:08:54

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

25-06-2023 04:09:13

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User