Doorbell firmware not updating

I’m experiencing the same issue now and getting the same response (35% discount) from tech support. Somehow in the firmware update process it changed my Ring network id# which I believe is why it won’t work anymore. Why would I want to purchase another one, discounted or not, if I’m only going to get a couple of years use out of it. I would understand if it were struck by lightning or it were several years old but a couple of years? At the price they cost they should last longer than two years.

Hi @BG69. If your Doorbell gets stuck when completing a firmware update, I’d recommend performing a factory reset by holding down the setup button on your Doorbell for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, take the Doorbell through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Make sure the Doorbell has a good signal from your wifi router, and that the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open as well.

If that doesn’t work, you can follow up with our support team to explore any other options. Typically, a discount is offered when your device is no longer covered under warranty, and all applicable troubleshooting has been completed but the issue couldn’t be resolved.