Doorbell constantly disconnecting

I bought the ring 3 in November. It worked for a few weeks then stopped recording ( device health says its online and connected but nothing) called phone support and reset it. Worked a few days then same thing. I cant imagine its normal to have to gonout sude and reset it every few days. I reset last night, it picked up two motions and i woke again to no new notifications all night and all day today . Am i
Doing something wrong?

Hi, I have the same problem:

Ive had my doorbell 3 for a month now and have failed to address a problem: it goes offline, is not reachable via the app nor via ping after 2-3 days online. Prior to the problem occurring, it provides live view OK, reports a good WiFi signal (-40), records snapshots, etc.
After scanning the forums, I have tried several different network setups:

• DHCP on Virgin Hub 3 (original)
  • Separate access point using DHCP
  • separate access point using reserved IP address (current)

Using a separate router, configured as an access point, has improved the WiFi signal strength and has the advantage that i know there is only the video doorbell on that network (as well as my phone or laptop when i want to do some diagnostics).

One problem I see is that the ring app reports that the device is online, but also reports that health check was last made, for example, 20 hours ago and does not provide any snapshots after that health check time. So, the device isnt actually online.

“rebooting” the doorbell by removing faceplate and battery, then re-inserting, will get it back up and running again, but this would be of no use if we were not at home.

The battery is also OK - after the above reboot and working for 3+weeks, battery levels are about 65%.

I would really appreciate some help please - is there anything else i can check? Process for remote reboot? Or do i just have a duff device?

Did you get any update from ring product?

Hey neighbors! Since you’ve already tried some basic troubleshooting steps and checked the basic information such as the RSSI and your wifi network, it may be best to contact support for some further assistance with this disconnecting concern. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can pull up your account and take a look at your device as well as offer more in-depth troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.