Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
T
Doorbell chime through ring alarm base
tones-and-alerts
alarm-siren
app-request
base-station
Please add on a feature for the doorbell to chime through the ring alarm base! It makes a lot of sense and would be nice to be rewarded for being loyal to one system! Thanks.

14-11-2020 02:22:11

Responses (92)

J
I have a Ring Security system and doorbell. Why can't the security base station also be the chime for the doorbell? The base station is capable of making chime and other noises, let it also be the doorbell chime. It's absolutely rediculous that I would need to purchase another Ring noisemaker.

17-06-2020 11:36:41

B
Please allow the Ring Alarm base station to be used as a chime for the Ring Doorbell.

29-06-2020 11:45:58

B
1000% agree. I doesn't make sense why this isn't available out of the box

11-07-2020 07:58:24

J
I got some stick up cameras and I'm surprised this isn't possible. Motion alert chimes should sound through alarm base station and keypad.

28-09-2020 11:52:53

S
think this would be a great idea > @jyoucha wrote: > > I have a Ring Security system and doorbell. Why can't the security base station also be the chime for the doorbell? The base station is capable of making chime and other noises, let it also be the doorbell chime. It's absolutely rediculous that I would need to purchase another Ring noisemaker.

09-12-2020 06:11:23

F
I've had a ring doorbell for about a year, and just purchased the full security system - I thought it was a given that the doorbell chime would come through the base. Amazed that they haven't done this, it seems like it would be a very quick programming change. I've spent hundreds of $$ on this system, it's offputting that I need to spend yet more money to buy a Chime, when my base has a loud speaker in it already.

19-11-2020 05:00:49

J
If you have an Alexa device pair it to ring via the Alecia app and it acts as doorbell chime. Many TVs, smart phones and tablets etc can also ring when the bell is pressed.

04-11-2023 01:42:53

M
Agreed, can't understand why this has to be a request? Surely this is an obvious feature that should easily integrate.

22-11-2020 01:09:10

M
This makes me feel taken advantage of as a customer. No reasonable person expects to have to purchase additional components to make the doorbell work like a doorbell. The base station already chimes when doors/windows open - I'm no engineer, but I'd wager that it would not be difficult for Ring to make the doorbell chime through the base station. What's worse is that you know they thought of this, but they decided not to do it, presumably so they could sell more chimes.

24-11-2020 11:58:31

M
Just installed a ring alarm, and was astounded to find out the doorbell doesn't ring through the keypad or base station, but every other alert does... This is something ring needs to integrate.

26-11-2020 11:58:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User