Doorbell chime through ring alarm base

Please add on a feature for the doorbell to chime through the ring alarm base! It makes a lot of sense and would be nice to be rewarded for being loyal to one system! Thanks.

54 Likes

I’ve had a ring doorbell for about a year, and just purchased the full security system - I thought it was a given that the doorbell chime would come through the base. Amazed that they haven’t done this, it seems like it would be a very quick programming change. I’ve spent hundreds of $$ on this system, it’s offputting that I need to spend yet more money to buy a Chime, when my base has a loud speaker in it already.

13 Likes

Agreed, can’t understand why this has to be a request? Surely this is an obvious feature that should easily integrate.

5 Likes

This makes me feel taken advantage of as a customer. No reasonable person expects to have to purchase additional components to make the doorbell work like a doorbell. The base station already chimes when doors/windows open - I’m no engineer, but I’d wager that it would not be difficult for Ring to make the doorbell chime through the base station. What’s worse is that you know they thought of this, but they decided not to do it, presumably so they could sell more chimes.

8 Likes

Just installed a ring alarm, and was astounded to find out the doorbell doesn’t ring through the keypad or base station, but every other alert does…

This is something ring needs to integrate.

6 Likes

I also recently purchased a full 8 pc security set that came with a doorbell and assumed that the bell would ring through the base station since it has a speaker and sends the alarm if triggered. I’m a little perterbed that I have now go and purchase an additional item.

6 Likes

Agreed… i am amazed that my doorbell wouldn’t ring though the base station. Please add this feature.

4 Likes

Went to figure out how to set this up in the configuration and realized it wasn’t even an option. Seems like an obvious “should be available” feature. I think it’s a bit shady; I don’t need a chime for any other reason, and I simply don’t want yet another device in my front room, but it’s seeming pretty clear why this isn’t a standard feature.

6 Likes

I was very surprised this didn’t exist. Seems like a stupid oversight to build something that makes an audible alarm sound, yet can’t chime for the system’s doorbell.

4 Likes

Still not working together with base station. Really poor design. This is only about $$!

5 Likes

Yes. We need this. I put my base station where the old doorbell used to be. Now the only person that can hear the doorbell is the person pressing it.

4 Likes

This is the most obvious lack of functionality that I can imagine. Please developers, hook these two up. There’s absolutely no reason to force your loya; customers to buy a chime product when it’s simply not needed.

2 Likes

The suggested solution of adding a routine to alexa to play a sound and make an announcement is a hit and miss solution. It depends on wifi. I might be guessing but would the ring doorbell also need to have z-wave in order to be a node of the ring alarm?

1 Like

This feels like it should be straight forward as the base station can make multiple sounds for different parts of the alarm system. Please add this feature soon as would make the alarm more appealing, which costs more than the chime and would drive sales

2 Likes

Please add the alarm base station as a chime for the doorbell. It does not make sense to add another device. This is just wasteful. The doorbell and the base station are in communication. Alternatively, have the alarm keypad chime when the doorbell is pressed.

I see many requests for these features.

2 Likes

Please vote this one

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Doorbell-chime-through-ring-alarm-base/idi-p/68743

1 Like

Great Idea - especially as the keypad for the ring alarm is often where you’d locate a doorbell chime unit … and, as you say, it seems engineeringly inefficient to not use the base station as a chime - although ‘santa music’ at xmas could be fun :wink:

I have a Ring Security system and doorbell. Why can’t the security base station also be the chime for the doorbell? The base station is capable of making chime and other noises, let it also be the doorbell chime. It’s absolutely rediculous that I would need to purchase another Ring noisemaker.

1 Like

Please allow the Ring Alarm base station to be used as a chime for the Ring Doorbell.

2 Likes

1000% agree. I doesn’t make sense why this isn’t available out of the box

1 Like