Doorbell Chime Going Off

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to Ring it’s been about a few weeks now anyways i’m wanting to know if anyone on here has had the doorbell chime go off & you check the notification but theirs know one their but it goes off. I was wondering if it could be the movement of my car cover that is setting it off but i have found that it isn’t & the chime keeps going off & not seeing anyone their so can anyone HELP!!!

Thanks in advance

K

Hi @user31431. If your Chime is chiming without the Doorbell detecting any motion or being rung, try the following steps:

• Power cycle your chime by unplugging it for a few seconds and then plugging it back in.

• Factory reset your Chime by pressing and holding the setup button for 20-25 seconds, then reconnect it to WiFi, as the reset will disconnect it.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have had this happen only once but then I only have it running for two weeks so far. I can’t say it is regular… just a surprise that’s all

chime goes off but no bell or app notification. No recording of any movement as normally happens with a genuine event

I’ll try this myself… thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.