Doorbell 2 car recognition

The motion sensor will recognise people but cant see a car pulling on to or off the drive.
People recognition is turned off.

Is this normal or are there some settings I need to change?

Hi @Silverbell! With People Only mode disabled, your motion events should alert you each time motion is detected. A vehicle within range of your motion zones should certainly be detected. Altering zones and sensitivity may help with this. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, I’ve been through all the settings again just in case I’ve had a senior moment, and People sensor is definitely off.

I’ve changed the range and sensitivity so let’s see what happens now.

Well that didn’t work.

I’ve reset everything to factory settings, updated the software and reinstalled the app.
It still doesn’t seem to see the cars turning onto the drive.

Could the unit be faulty?

Hey @Silverbell. Chiming in for Marley! Thanks for giving us an update! Since it’s still not behaving the way you’re looking for it to, it would be best to follow up with our support team on this concern to ensure there is nothing else to be done and verify if the device is functioning as it should. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.