Dome siren

Wish the DOME SIREN WAS LOUD like the smoke detector.

1 Like

Thank you for this feedback @Bentley ! The Dome Siren will alarm at 95 decibels at one foot, which is quite loud. If you feel like it is not as loud as t should be, feel free to contact our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in depth troubleshooting.

Keep in mind you may add multiple Dome Sirens to your Alarm system if you have a large are to cover. Check out our help center article for more information on the Dome Siren. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe if they made it the size of a smoke detector it would ring louder. I was shocked to see how small it was the first time I saw one. It would be nice if ring made the device bigger and louder plus pluggable!

Just installed the Dome siren and it’s NOT loud enough. Substandard product.
Ring should design one that is as loud as the base station siren with some audio options.
Noticed that the SimpliSafe auxiliary siren is a better, louder device. Take a hint Ring/Amazon!

I agree I just got mine and I am shocked how small it is and that it is NOT loud whatsoever??? There is no adjustment to the loudness and different ringtones through the ring app??? Ring SHOULD make a super loud outside/inside siren they would make a fortune. I think I will make my own using the dome siren as a trigger to a micro relay that will trigger a LOUD siren. Dome siren is a pile of crap period?

NOt ringtones sorry my mistake I am old Chimes or better yet a loud enough siren WHY doesn ring make a LOUD one interior/exterior and WHY do they rely on another companies little crappy siren like dome??? This is HUGE money maker that many folks would jump on including myself Thanks

Also I tested my dome siren and it has three to five second delay in sounding unlike the keypads that go off right away and actually I think the keypads (second generation) are LOUDER than the domw siren??? The difference in 3 to 5 seconds is the difference in getting ready for trouble sooner?

I agree but no ones listening???

I purchased a Dome Siren that was just delivered and I agree it’s not loud enough to wake me up if I mount it in my upstairs hallway outside my bedroom, especially since I sleep with my door closed. One person in the house forgot to disarm the system when leaving for work early one morning and caused a false alarm. The base station is on the first floor of the house and, as loud as it is, it didn’t wake me up. The automated call from the monitoring center looking to verify a false alarm was what woke me up and alerted me to what happened. I’ve decided to place the Dome Siren on my night stand, where it will be more than loud enough to wake me up and have me charging down the stairs, gun in hand. I just tested the system in self monitoring mode and the Dome Siren does sound when the system is triggered. For the price it’s not a bad deal but I do wish it was as loud as the base station.

Hi Neighbors. Thanks for your feedback on the Dome Siren. As an alternative, you can have an Amazon Echo device play Ring Alarm Sounds. Check out this Help Center article here for more information.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.