Does video doorbell works in Egypt?

Hi, I am enquiring about ring products specifically video doorbell, it does work in Egypt either with or without VPN
Thanks

Hey @Mostafa. Since we do not ship and sell to Egypt, we are not fully supported at this time. There are some neighbors that have set up devices in Egypt, but we do not recommend a set up there at this time. You can see what countries we ship, sell and are support to/in here.

Thanks Chelsea , actually I am using in Dubai but planning to move to Egypt end of This year so, what I understood that it will work but there will not be a technical support there , right ?

@Mostafa You are indeed correct! If you are able to get it set up and functioning, feel free to share how it went and any tips and tricks here. This may help other neighbors that move to this area as well. :slight_smile:

Dear @Mostafa, any luck setting this up in Egypt? I also live in Egypt and would like to know before I buy the doorbell, cameras and security system. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hello,

Bought it twice always having issues with live view, only worked for few hours after first installation then stopped and only receiving motion and door alerts while I’m having a very good stable internet connection and all other security cameras from different brand working fine!
Hope someone can figure out the issue

Hi @Raafat, happy to chime in here. I’d recommend reviewing our Community Post on Live View concerns, as it will contain various suggestions to help you narrow down the cause of your concerns. If you’re still not able to access Live View after reviewing the information in that post, you’ll want to reach out to our support team directly so they can take a deeper look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Any updates ?

I have several cameras and doorbells from ring and all are working perfectly but the live view function isn’t especially with Alexa.

I have narrowed down the problem to a probable country port blocking from ring as live view works just fine with a VPN connection routed through any other country!

I had almost the same setup in Dubai without any issues, but once I installed them in Egypt, live view won’t work except with a VPN connection from the device I’m accessing the ring app from.

I hope ring fixes this issue as it’s really frustrating, not mentioning a bit racist.

Hi there, @Hisham. A list for countries and regions we ship to can be found in our Shipping policy help center article. If your location is not listed there, it will mean that Ring does not ship to that country. We advise only using our devices in regions that are fully supported, as every regions varies in shipping and operation regulations.

In regards to the VPN, check out our help center article about using a VPN with the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi, I’ve been trying with ring products for more than 2 years now, bought 2 chimes and 2 security cameras and 2 doorbells
All aren’t working at all , live view isn’t working in Egypt.
I tried everything, called the support more than 10 times, called the ISP, changed the ISP, ensured that the ports are open configure the router , changed the router , used VPN , used hotspot , used normal FTTH
changed the location , nothing works, as long as you are in Egypt it won’t work
Don’t bother to buy any ring product as it’s a waste of money
Thanks

1 Like

I am in the same trap now too. Ring door bell 2 is not working what so ever…Live view not working, motion detection, recordings…none.

1 Like

Unfortunately, same typical issue, Live-View Not-Working at Egypt/Cairo !!!
Ring must, ethically, find easy technical solution, since “Motion Alarm” is working fine & sometimes Capture.
Hoping Ring Costumer service to be more professional, as was expected.

I am having the same problem ,live view worked once post installation then nothing , always connecting then failed to connect , @cairo, Egypt , I bought a WiFi extender and have a stable connection yet no live view , any suggestions to overcome this pitfall?

1 Like

Hello troubled members
I have solution to use ring products in egypt
I am currently using peephole door camera and doorbell 3.
I had same issues just like all of you but live view issue has been caused by Ring blocking connection from egypt.

In order to use your ring products properly
You will need VPN on router and phone or tablet else it will not work.

I am currently using linksys wrt1900ac with expressvpn firmware.

It is costly to get it working, if you are on tight budget.
I haven’t tried it but if you want smart doorbell in egypt go for alternative product.
If you need recommendation, let me know

1 Like

Hi neighbors! We want to bring Ring devices to as many countries as possible, but in the meantime we do not recommend using a VPN to use a Ring device in a location we do not support. You can always check the country selector on Ring.com to see what regions Ring devices are currently available in.

Please share alternatives as I only managed to get ring working with a real ip sim or a VPN router

But every vpn routers stopped working now

How on earth is that racist?

Have lived in a non supported country and my neighbors have no issues. My thinking is that vpns are blocked just keep trying. also, explore competitors. Cellular backup is just a way to lock you into a subscription