Does Ring need my county alarm registration info?

As required, I registered my Ring alarm system with my county. The county provided a confirmation letter. In it they say to provide my county alarm registration number and expiration date to my alarm company. Does Ring need this information. If so, to whom should it go?

Thanks.

Hey @TJNoffy. For help with your permit and any questions or concerns on it, please reach out to our support team. They can help further from here as well as escalate the manner if needed to our permits team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for your reply. So, after talking to two representatives, here’s what I learned:

If you register your alarm system with your local municipality, as I did, and they give you a registration number and expiration date, it should be entered in the Ring app, as follows:

• Open the menu at the top left
  • Select Settings
  • Select Monitoring (should say Professional on the right)
  • Select Permits
  • Select Security Alarm Permit
  • Enter your Permit (Registration) number and expiration date that you received from your municipality (county or city)

That’s all there is to it. If Ring needs to call emergency services on your behalf due to an alarm, Ring may be required to provide this information.

1 Like