Dissapointed

Hi

I purchased Doorbell Pro a couple of days ago and i have the following comments.

I already noted several other users with the same issues, so this is only to put on top of that.

Doorbell, Video and chime seems to be of good quality, software is a big disappointment though!
No option to arm/disarm, a schedule is nice, but not sufficient!
No option to supply an email to get notifications on motion detected.

Live view seems to be working without any issues while at home wifi network, when at office wifi i’m yet to get a connection to live view. No problems accessing recorded clips. If i change to Mobile data i can get lucky to get a Live view connection. And no, it’s not my WIFI at home to blame. RSSI is constantly at -52 on 5ghz network.

All these issues can be fixed and should be, but apparently nobody from developer team cares, this is really ridiculous and have stopped me from also bying the stick up cams.

Just my opinion, hopefully it’s not a complete waste of time to post

You can’t arm or disarm a doorbell.
You can set a schedule to have no motion detection!
I can set my notifications to email if I choose.

Work wifi always has firewalls, so it’s not a Ring issue.
And using the 5ghz connection will hurt and not help your connection. Better off using 2.4 for a doorbell.

You can’t arm or disarm a doorbell.

I’m not refering to the Doorbell function, i’m refering to the motion sensor, i thought that was obvious, sorry

You can set a schedule to have no motion detection!

I know, didn’t i mention?

I can set my notifications to email if I choose.

Can you enlighen me, where is the option for that? i can’t find it

Work wifi always has firewalls, so it’s not a Ring issue.

How do you know my works firewall rules?

And using the 5ghz connection will hurt and not help your connection. Better off using 2.4 for a doorbell.
If it hurts, why implement?
Doorbell is 2 meter away from my accesspoint, and i wouldn’t post this if i haven’t tried 2.4ghz network

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @ridderdk! We are always working to improve and add to our devices and features.

You might find interest in our upcoming Modes feature that will allow you to preset modes, such as a disarmed mode which will disable motion detection and access to live view. Find out more by visiting our Community post about Modes.

At this time email notification options are available with Ring Alarm, but not Video Doorbells/ Cameras. Keep in mind you will still receive important emails regarding your account, devices, and/ or promotions if you choose. We always value our neighbors’ feedback, and will certainly share this with our teams here.

As for live view connection quality, this is often based on signal strength and other network variables. For more insight on sufficient signal strength, check out our Community post about RSSI. Great distance and interfering appliances/ walls/ objects between your router and Ring device are important to avoid for optimal video connection. As you know, there are also various network settings, depending on router type, that will allow you to further fine tune connection.

If you feel connection is worse on mobile data, I recommend disabling bluetooth, VPNs, and other apps in the background to see if connection improves. As the app is not compatible with VPN and requires a cellular or wifi connection to communicate with your mobile device, security in a work environment might not allow your mobile device to stream.

Try our Rapid Ring app also, which is designed to provide a quick access to live view. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking your time to answer my post.

It’s sad you even dare to link to this “upcoming” mode (no i haven’t seen it before, i wish i had) , that only convinces me to look for alternatives…