Discrepancy between app clips and cloud clips

I have recently bought a peephole camera (2 weeks) so am still on the trial cloud service month. In the last couple of days, some motion detection clips on the app have not uploaded to the cloud. Anyone lese having these problems? No point in paying for a cloud service if it doesn’t work!

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, @Edinburghgirl! As long as you are subscribed, or in the free trial period, your events should record and be reviewable via your event history. Keep in mind, an efficient wifi signal strength is also important for the recording and delivery of video. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

If this is not the case, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. If an event (motion, live view, etc) is logged in the history, there should be a video with it. I recommend also checking your recording history via web browser, by signing in at Ring.com. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hey Marley thanks for your response :slight_smile:

Wifi coverage isn’t an issue; the router’s about 2 ft from the doorbell! I suspect the problem is with the app (even though I’ve only had it 2 weeks) as more clips are showing on the web server than on the handset. I’ll try re-installing. Despite that, I’m going to sign up for the Protect Plus service and I’ve just bought a new Ring indoor camera, so overall, I’m really delighted with the products!

Kind Rgds

Edinburghgirl

1 Like

Anytime, @Edinburghgirl! I hope things improve, and that you continue to enjoy your “Ring of security”. As always, we are here to help, as is the Community. Feel free to reach out anytime. :slight_smile:

Marley, I’m starting to regret my positivity! Bought another camera today with high expectations. Logged on to the website tonight to find both my current devices have disappeared off it. Seems other people are having similar problems. What’s going on?

Luckily the app is still working! In the last week I’ve signed up for the premium service and bought 2 indoor cameras, 1 via the Ring website and 1 via Amazon. So I’ve spent the best part of £200 with Ring. Beginning to wonder if I’ve done the right thing???

Hey @Edinburghgirl. Chiming in for Marley here! Are you still experiencing this concern? We did have this concern with our app and servers and devices not showing up for users, but this has since been resolved. If you’re still having this concern, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Hey Chelsea

Nope, all seems good now.

Many thanks

Edinburghgirl

1 Like