Disabling low temp alert for flood sensor doesn’t work

I have two flood/freeze sensors in my attic to detect leaks from the HVAC system. These are installed only to detect water—not freezing temperatures. But the attic often reaches freezing temperatures in winter. So I want to turn off freeze alerts.

I have turned off freeze alerts for them repeatedly, and it works—for a while. But then the alerts turn themselves back on.

This exact bug (for this exact use case) was raised in November 2022 in a separate thread that is now locked. The bug is still occurring. It seems like a fairly simple bug to fix, as the problem behavior is clear. Many users responded to the prior thread reporting the identical problem. Has there been any progress on this bug? It is clear that this is some kind of software issue, not a user error, as the many people reporting the same problem in the prior thread shows.

Hi @me1952. This concern was resolved with an update to the Ring Alarm System. If you are still experiencing this concern, please give our support team a call to further investigate. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.