Disable notifications from Neighbors Team for weather

In some areas, weather is very active. So, I have a weather app to keep me informed and I have a weather radio to keep me informed. Recently, the Neighbors app has begun alerting me as well. I don’t need that.

Please provide a way to disable the Neighbors Team notifications – at least for weather.

In settings, I am able to disable othernin-core alerts like Public Safety. Please add an option for disabling weather alerts from Neighbors Team.

A year later and I’m wondering the same thing. I haven’t found anything online about turning off specifically weather notifications, but I’m hoping there’s an update and I’m just missing it??
Do better, Ring!

Settings,
Customize Neighbors,
Push Notification Settings,
Filter by Type

• uncheck what you don’t want to be notified about.

Please give us an option to turn off the weather alerts!

Weather alerts are annoying and unnecessary! Please give us the option to turn them off or remove them completely from the app! Many users will also have weather related apps on our mobile devices and therefore get more timely and locally accurate alerts than random neighborhood alerts through the Ring/Neighbors apps! Especially if you have several neighborhood areas for having devices at different locations. It’s not beneficial to receive a weather alert for a location 2 hours away from me!

Stop adding useless crap! There are WEATHER apps for those kinds of alerts!

Stick to fixing the app so it’s reliable when people are on my cameras or my security system has an actual alert. Bring back the ability to make motion zones inactive!

I’ve been getting multiple alerts a day for the past several days about excessive heat. One alert is sufficient. I don’t need two or three everyday. Please only send alerts once.

Need option to turn off notifications (Android) for weather. I live in Tucson, AZ. It’s summer! I do not need Ring notifications (what seems like every day) for “excessive heat warning”. I want my Ring notifications to do with security (and my security system). Not Weather. What will be next, COVID warnings??

Hey neighbors. As @user26099 mentioned, you can filter what type of Neighbors alerts you receive within the settings. In the Ring app, follow the steps below:

• Tap the menu icon in the top left and select Settings.
  • Scroll down to Neighbors Settings.
  • Tap Customize Neighbors under the location name.
  • Tap Push Notification Settings and choose Filter Alerts by Type.
  • Uncheck Environmental and tap Apply Filter to stop receiving weather alerts from the Neighbors app.

You can customize which types of alerts you want to receive, as well as choose what time of you day you receive those alerts during. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: