Disable Auto-Shutoff for lights

I think this may have been posted before, but for different reasons. I would like the ability to disable the Auto-Shutoff function for my light groups, so that in the options for auto shutoff it says ‘30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, OFF’. This is because I use the Alexa app to control all my lights. I have lights from at least 4 different makers, and I don’t want to have to go to each app to turn the lights on. If this feature were added, I could turn the lights on and keep them on through the Alexa app. Currently the only way to keep the lights on despite motion detection is to use the schedule in the ring app, which is a very clumsy solution,

I am begging you, begging, last straw with the lack of refinement in the Ring app.

PLEASE – please add the option for when turning on a device through amazon alexa (for example, outdoor smart outlet) to set the on-duration as awlays, and DISABLE auto shutoff. it is so frustrating that i have to, every 15 minutes, tell alexa to turn on my deck lights. i basically had to find 10 work arounds to make various things work.

additionally, i am BEGGING YOU… please add an apple watch app (and alexa integration) to allow opening gates with the access controller pro.

1 Like

Auto-shut off for my outside light bulbs (after motion detected on ring pro) only leaves them on for 1 min no matter what time setting I set them to. Please allow to increase the auto-shut off time for linked devices

We use the ring smart plug to turn on our hanging string lights using Alexa… “turn on outside lights”

It works great except the plug keeps turning off and there is no way to turn off the “auto shut off”. 5 minutes max is not long enough.

A smart plug should have the option to keep on or keep off.

Enable a feature that keeps the plug on as it should until I say I want it off.

2 Likes

Just ran into this issue and thought I was going insane as I had setup my office this way.

In order to disable the automatic shut off on my new group I had to first manually enable the group through the ring app

You’ll get a status bar pop up that says something like “{Group} lights will stay on until {time}”

Click on edit and you’ll see an option for “Until I turn them off” where you don’t see in the auto shut off timer section for some reason.

If it says it already, still edit it and select that option.