Different Motion Warning sounds or phrases

I’ve had a PIR dumb motion detector for years wired to my spot lights and to an outdoor “Ding-Dong” chime. That sound let anyone who approached the house during the day know that they’ve been noticed. “Ding Dong” is not as scary/weird, nor as annoying sounding as Ring’s Motion Warning “HI, YOU ARE CURRENTLY BEING RECORDED”.

I propose that Ring provides the option to revert to a “Ding-Dong” Motion Warning sound (for use during daytime for instance). This “Ding Dong” would chime outside and from the camera itself to alert anyone approaching the house that they’ve been noticed. And, of course it would make sense for Ring to provide a means for scheduling the present scary/creepy Motion Warning announcement to only automatically occur during the times we choose. When using this schedule, an option could be provided for either reverting to the daytime “Ding-Dong” or have silence when the creepy announcement is disabled by the schedule (as well as having the manual ability to select “Ding Dong” as the Motion Warning, of course).

This is a MUST!!! We need various deter sounds for motion warnings from the camera itself. How hard is it to just add a couple of sound options? Please vote on this request!!!

I think Ring cameras should have outdoor deter sounds . The current motion warning sound is “You are being recorded.” This is very much hated by everyone. It would be so much better if it can make other deter sounds to let people visiting know that there is a camera. This should take less power too. Why don’t we just add a beep sound ? Please add this! The ring community will really appreciate this. Thank you!

A great feature would be for on detection of motion the built in speaker would play a recordable message/s.

So having our cameras speaker say something you could record with passion “HEY! I’m watching you, the cops are on the way”.

I find with my floodlight cam at night you can’t tell there is a camera, I want people to know there is a camera and think they are being watched, so something like this would be good to have and be more realistic.

MULTIPLE MOTION WARNING SOUND OPTION!!! ADD outdoor deter sounds . The current motion warning sound is “You are being recorded.” Everyone very much hates this. Add chime sounds on the cameras outside for motion warnings?

When the floodlight cam picks up motion and says “hello, you are being recorded”, it would be nice to be able to change it to A)your own recording or B) a man’s voice. A kind sounding woman’s voice is NOT deterring!

think about how good this would be. The robot voice “hi you are being recorded” is not going to worry intruders. If it was able to be recorded it would seem like the home owner is live watching you in the moment and would certainly make the intruder panic more.

Lets make this one happen ring community!

This. I’m shocked that there aren’t more votes. I need to change the friendly “Hi, you are being recorded” to GO AWAY in a loud, booming voice.

Ring must also add an option for this feature to turn on Only when person is detected and Not sound off such Motion Warning for any other motion such as passing cars, animals, leaves, etc.

The notification that happens on hardwired security cameras like those in front of our garages that indicates the person is being recorded would be a better deterrent if we could record our own voice message. I have seen over and over that criminals trying to break into your car are aware of the custom message and and even when the light goes on, and recording starts, they don’t care. They are wearing masks and hoodies so they cannot be identified. They might think twice if it sounds like the homeowner is live and warning them that they are being watched authorities are being called. This would mimic what we can already do by speaking through the microphone. But to customize a recorded message that occurs at night might be a better deterrent.

vivint whistle