Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
G
Different Chime Tones based on which doorbell or camera activated
hardwired-video-doorbell
battery-video-doorbell
app-request
chime

It is really frustrating that Ring can’t support different chime alert tones from different doorbells. Old mechanical doorbells did this with no problem. Adding duplicate chimes is not a reasonable solution! It isnt’ too much to ask to be able to identify the front door from the back door.

20-10-2020 03:25:36

Responses (88)

T
That is ridiculous. I would also like a different chime for each doorbell.

20-01-2021 04:17:23

T
This is really dumb. I can get two different chimes on the app, but not on the Chime devices. This needs to be addressed ASAP. If I am in the basement and the chime goes off, I have to check both doors if I dont have no phone with me. Big problem for a tech company.

11-03-2021 02:54:53

L
This seems like an easy fix for Ring. C'mon, Ring. Make it happen. I, too, would prefer not to have to check every door in my house if I'm not carrying my phone when someone presses the doorbell. This seemingly easy fix would make many customers very happy.

20-05-2021 12:29:38

K
Mid 2021 and still no update on this, I can't believe how few people are voting for this, in my view, essential update; don't most people have more than one door?

22-06-2021 04:46:31

B

I am sure they do. But not everyone may want to shell out an extra $200 for a back door doorbell. I suspect that there are exponentially more single doorbell owners than there are multiple Ring DB owners.

That said, this seems like it shouldn’t be any harder than adding a couple of lines of code to the next update. There is no excuse for this not to be a feature. We are not asking the chime to solve for Pi for crying out loud!!!

Further, in its current format, it seems like it would DISCOURAGE potential repeat customers from investing in a second Ring DB.

JMHO

08-11-2022 02:58:39

S

This is totally ridiculous!
What does Ring expect customers to do???
Buy multiple chimes for multiple doorbells for multiple floors in their home, so they can just know which door someone is at???

Get REAL!!! FIX THIS!!!

It is either sheer stupidity on the engineers and designers…

Or it was intentional, so as to exploit and RIP OFF their customers.

20-11-2022 06:08:36

E
I too am shocked this seemly simple feature was not included when the ability to link more than one doorbell to a chime was introduced. SMH.

03-08-2021 02:44:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User