Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
N
Defective Flood cam mounting bracket
hardwired-security-cameras
negative-feedback
installation

So after 7 months of a wired flood plus mounted on side of garage, the poorly designed/constructed mounting bracket fails. Seems the 2 screws that slide through the flood light/Camera unit broke free from the PLASTIC BRACKET. The screws must be GLUED in a cavity. Imagine the weight of this device held up with 2 screws glued on the bracket.
Better to have the screws protrude through the rear of the bracket with 2 dime size washers…
Ring…Ring…WAKE UP RING DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT

04-11-2023 02:37:04

Responses (4)

U

Same thing happen to ours but within 3 months… you find a replacement bracket? The older models had a metal base but doesnt work with this newer model.

08-01-2024 11:35:57

M

@NotsoSenior @user73807

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am replying to bump up.your post.

Please vote for this feature request that I created asking for Ring to go back to metal mounting brackets. There were lots of complaints of broken brackets when Ring switched plastic brackets, but yet they have not switched back to metal.

09-01-2024 05:46:45

M

@NotsoSenior @user73807

Also, you should call the Support line to request new brackets and ask them to report your complaints and request that Ring switch back to metal brackets.

09-01-2024 05:50:06

C

Hey neighbors! As @meme suggested, I definitely recommend getting in touch with our support team regarding your damaged brackets. Our support team can assist in getting a replacement bracket so you can have your Floodlight Cam safely installed.

11-01-2024 06:13:46

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User