Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
A
User Solution
Custom quick replies or more options
hardwired-video-doorbell
device-settings
app-request

I’d like the option to prerecord responses/replies/messages in the app that I can playback when someone is at my door.

Sometimes when I’m in the car or in a remote area, my mobile internet connection isn’t very great, making it hard to have a decent conversation.
It also happens sometimes that I’m in a meeting or in a noisy environment and it’s just not possible for me to talk with whomever rang my doorbell.

For these situations, prerecorded replies/messages that I can quickly send from the app, by the press of a button, would be ideal.
For instance, if it’s a package delivery, I can ask the person to leave the package at my backdoor.

If we’re in the garden, I can tell the person to just come around the back.

At least one competitor already has this (Quick Responses in the Nest video doorbell) and I think it’s a very good feature.

29-05-2020 12:48:01

Responses (26)

P
User Solution

Apparently Ring listened, there is now a new option called Smart Responses - Quick Reply Messages like: “We cant answer the door right now” and a few other pre-recorded messages. Thank you Ring for listening my ring.

ps: a subscribtion is required for this feature.

It would be nice of custom recording is possible or at least also in other language like Dutch, French etc

02-08-2022 02:21:45

C

A suggestion to be able to prerecord your own smart responses. For example there’s a smart response that you can select that says about leaving your package at the door. Now personally I don’t want my package left at the door in full view of anyone passing by and a lot of the time I can’t answer my doorbell at work or I don’t answer it on time by the time I’ve seen someone is at the door. So I’d love to be able to pre record a smart response saying please leave my package in my stated safe place.

19-08-2021 11:07:15

R

Make custom quick reply responses.

Make quick reply available in isle of man

04-09-2021 03:08:46

G

Hi,

I was a Eufy doorbell cam user up until this summer when I decided to have a full Ring alarm set up.
An option that is very good with Eufy is that you can someone ringing at my door with a pre-recorded vocal message like : Welcome to house of the XXX Family, it seems we are not at home. If you have a package for us, you can leave it at the front door.

Is it possible to do ?
I heard Ring was working to integrate quick response that you can trigger from the notification pannel on your phone… but it’s all in english and robot message… So you can’t say whatever you want and it’s not your voice in there.

Also it would be important to be able to have the custom response play automatically when Ring is armed in Away mode for example.

Thanks

12-11-2021 09:44:36

S

Creating this post as a recommendation for the Ring Team. I love the Smart Replies but which there was more options or a way to record your own custom reply. I have a delivery bin to the right of my door, most delivery drivers use it but every once and awhile the door bell will ring and I will see a driver leaving my package in front of the door. I wish when they ran the bell I could leave a custom message to “Please leave package in delivery bin to the right of the front door.”

30-12-2021 12:43:55

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User