Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
S
Custom push notification tones for alarm events
app-settings
alarm
notifications
app-request
I want to be able to change the notification sound for an Alarm event. ? I changed the sound for my motion events on the doorbell to one that was more pleasing to me, but I want a very distinct sound incase my alarm is triggered. The standard notification sound just doesn’t do it for me. Please make this feature available Ring. ? It’s the only thing I dislike about my security system.

09-06-2020 05:47:25

Responses (17)

G
I too am stunned about the push notification using the same sound for a minor alert as with a burglar alarm. Ring uses the default sound which is the same sound as a general push notification from other apps. I am replacing my previous alarm whose control head died, it was 7 years old and "it" had different sounds for alarms and notifications. I just bought the Ring alarm it and was very surprised and might not keep it because of this. Here is the only workaround I could come up with, and it is not ideal. There is one sound app on Google play called "Notificon" by Gautham S Yaji It will allow you to select voice or custom sound notifications in an Android app. All other apps that I found that were around a few years ago are no longer supported. I downloaded a MP3 file from Soundbible.com called Siren Noise, but it could be any of their siren selections. I used the app “Notificon” and selected the Ring app and then selected the siren sound. The volume must be set in the general settings of the Notificon app, it uses its own volume setting. Now I get a siren when an alarm occurs at whatever volume I set the Notificon app to use. I had to turn off all other alerts entry delay and mode updates and event updates in the Ring app or I get an alarm entering or leaving. I turned off alerts on all of the individual sensors. Basically any Ring notice for which you don’t want a siren sounding on your phone you must turn off, which is almost everything. This is not ideal, because I used to like getting a simple push notification on my old alarm when it was armed or disarmed. The sound it used was the default sound setting on an arm or disarm but a siren on an actual alarm, the way it should be. It seems so basic. I have emailed back and forth with Nick ?? He said he put in a request, but this sould be at teh top of the list. I see many other people listing the same issue. Ring desperately need to fix this.

15-06-2020 10:12:33

H
Desperately need this. Since I have had ring professional monitoring I have only had two instances where my system went into alarm. Both times I was first alerted by a phone call from the Alarm Monitoring Center. While I certainly appreciate that I'm the kind of person who would much rather get notification on my phone first. So after the fact I noticed that I did get notification but the Ring app only allows a single ringtone for all its alerts, door opened or closed window open window close in alarm out of alarm and all that administrivia. I would much prefer to have a siren type alarm associated with an alarm. In other words provide different ringtones or whatever you want to call them for different events. Can you make that happen?

19-09-2020 04:26:55

H
btw, your phone support staff told me to send product suggestions to ideas@ring.com, which doesn't work anymore.

19-09-2020 04:27:45

D
This is much needed! I just installed the Ring Alarm retrofit kit and I'm shocked if my alarm goes off I get the same notification as for a random app on the iPhone. this needs to me changed ASAP. The Doorbell has options for different sounds and alerts, why not the Ring Alarm? it's the same app!

12-10-2020 02:29:19

P
Yes, for me too. I think the ring alarm is a beautiful product. But if I'm away from home and my alarm is triggered I get the same notification sound as I receive an email. I get 20+ notifications a hour. I would like to hear a different sound for an intrusion alarm.

19-08-2021 09:42:57

P
I think the ring alarm is a beautiful product. But if I'm away from home and my alarm is triggered I get the same notification sound as I receive an email. I get 20+ notifications a hour. I would like to hear a different sound for an intrusion alarm. Sow I don't miss the push notification that the alarm is triggered / someone breaks in to my house. Just like Whatsapp you can choose your custom sounds if you receive a message. I would like to hear a special sound that I can distinct off the standard notification sound.

19-08-2021 10:39:19

R
There really needs to be a way to change the Ring Alarm notification sound (iOS App) that the alarm has been tripped and is going off. Exactly the same way you can change it for camera and sensor notifications. I would love to have that sound be as annoying as a siren so I take notice ASAP instead of the current non-changeable sound.

19-12-2021 06:50:42

D
When ring alarm is activated can you get an alarm sound on your phone along with the notification?, Thanks

27-12-2021 01:21:41

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User