Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
T
Custom Motion Warning options
tones-and-alerts
app-request

Not everyone who buys the Ring doorbell is American! The female American voice used for announcements is rather grating. Alexa devices offer a choice of several male and female voices, why can’t Ring do the same? Please add a feature to choose which voice to use for announcements.

25-11-2023 04:52:55

Responses (9)

U
This should be a no brainer. Google seem to have no problem with this via maps etc. I agree American accent just doesn't seem right in the UK

27-11-2023 06:57:37

G

Custom Motion Warnings Needed
There needs to be a way to play a custom motion warning.

With text to speech, AI and Alexa capabilities the system should be able to say a custom greeting typed into the app.

Better yet, support an audio file within limits to play via the doorbell or security camera. The default greeting is not what I want people to hear. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

04-02-2024 10:17:41

S

I mean since being owned by Amazon, the Polly voices using AWS seem like a great intergration. This will allow the AI to come up with responses and a Neural TTS voice like Amy to say the response.

07-02-2024 07:21:56

U

Hi- how can I change the announcers voice please? I’d like an English male butler option. Thank you.

11-02-2024 08:23:41

L

Add the feature for users to record their own motion warning!!! Everyone wants this feature!
Doesn’t have to be a recording, if we can just type in what we want said, and choose male or female voice

11-02-2024 06:42:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User