Creating an Alexa routine with the Ring Video Doorbell 2 and Echo Show 8

I’m trying to create a routine in the Alexa app using my Ring Video Doorbell 2 and Echo Show 8. My goal is that when the doorbell is pressed, an announcement will be triggered on my Echo Show 8. Here are the steps I’ve done…

• Enter routine name
  • When this happens - Smart Home->Ring Front Door->Doorbell->When Ring Front Door is pressed
  • Add Action - Alexa Says (customized)
  • Choose Device - Echo Show 8

After saving the routine, I test it in the Alexa app first and it works fine. Then, I press the doorbell and instead of the customized announcement, it defaults to “Someone’s at your front door”. I went back to the Add Action step and selected Messaging->Send Announcement. This option says Alexa will announce a custom message. This updated routine worked within the Alexa app when tested, but still defaulted to the “Someone’s at your door” announcement on the Echo Show.

Is there a notification setting I have to disable directly from the Echo Show or within the Alexa or Ring app?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @dyukihiro001. It looks like some neighbors in this post here have more information about this. Try joining the conversation on that post to see what others are saying.