Create a UL2017 Compliant Sensor and Bypass Button

We have an alarm system, and it is annoying to have to purchase a separate set of sensors for a sliding door due to a pool installation. Ring should be able to use its existing sensors, add a bypass button, and link it to a siren to meet UL2017 standards.

When delivered, ensure we can have two pairs of sensors. One should be outside for a sliding screen door, and the other can go indoors on the larger sliding door (what we use now for security purposes).

In essence, we should be able to pair two sensors with the pool alarm speaker and bypass button.

There is a good opportunity here as other products on the market look stupid and have wires.

Hi Matt…I don’t know if this helps but my indoor sensors do have a bypass button. It’s called Quick Exit and can be set up in the app. My sensors are 2nd gen and have a button on the sensor. It gives me 30 seconds to open the door then rearms once the door has closed. Unfortunately, my outdoor sensor doesn’t have it. I did notice in Ring’s docs that they say to not use it on glass doors but I’m not sure why.